Heaven Sent Home Care understands how difficult it can be to care for a loved one who has Parkinson’s disease. That is why we teach our team members to help family and friends cope with a Parkinson’s diagnosis by offering the support they require. We build a support plan together that is personalized to your individual requirements and preferences, allowing you to remain at home and in charge of your lifestyle.
Our team members are specially qualified to give Parkinson’s support, and they may help with anything from housekeeping to personal care. From food preparation and housekeeping tasks to more personal matters like washing and toileting, our home health care aide services are there to take care of all the practical parts of care, allowing family and friends to spend large amounts of quality time with their loved ones in between.
Our support assistants are also available to provide emotional and companionship help. They recognize that, while assisting their clients with the medical aspects of Parkinson’s assistance, as well as practical tasks such as shopping and laundry, reminiscing and conversing about common interests is also crucial. This is why we make sure you’re paired with a support assistant who not only has the necessary skills but also has a personality that complements yours.
Parkinson’s symptoms are less intensified in familiar surroundings with familiar persons; thus, continuity of home health care aide services is critical. As a result, we make certain that you are introduced to a small group of support assistants who get to know you and your needs well and can provide you with consistent assistance.
The following are some of the services we provide for people with Parkinson’s disease:
- Assist with Walking/Mobility, Dressing, and Grooming
- Provide Respite Care
- Accompany to Social, Cultural, and Religious Events
- Accompany to appointments, i.e., dentist, hair, doctor, eye, and foot specialist.
- Friendly Companionship
- Accompany to breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Grocery and Personal Shopping – Gifts (i.e.: wedding, graduation, baby, etc.)
- Light Housekeeping, Laundry, and Ironing
- Meal Preparation and Cooking
- Nutrition & Wellness
- Stretching and Fitness Programs tailored for each individual
- Assist with bill payment and mailing
- Pet Care
- Stimulate Mental Awareness/Cognitive Skills
- Teaching Basic Computer Skills
- Reminder for Appointments & Medications
- Help with troublesome household challenges; change lightbulbs, organize cupboards, rearrange hard-to-reach higher shelves, etc.
It might be challenging to decide whether or not to allow a support assistant into your house for you or a loved one. Choosing the best way to assist and treat the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease is clearly a concern for anyone considering home care for a Parkinson’s patient. Our knowledgeable and pleasant staff can explain all elements of the stroke care and support services we provide, as well as providing quality, unbiased advice and information. To learn more about our in-home care services, contact us today.